ETH Print Service
The D-PHYS uses the ETH Print Service of the central IT Services.
- Windows, macOS and Linux.
- ISG-Managed Windows Workstation
- ISG-Managed Linux Workstation: we preinstall some default printers on all machines, only do this if you're missing a printer. All printers require you to authenticate when printing for the first time. Note that some Linux programs show a password dialog when printing. Just hit OK without entering anything.
- If you're trying to use the system on a non-ISG-managed multiuser Linux machine, please talk to us, there are some additional steps to take.
- selected printer and scanner models to suit all needs
- push- and pull-printing for comfort and privacy
- centralized technical support
- automatic delivery of new toner
- detailed accounting of the printer usage and per-page billing
- no additional expenses for the printer hardware, toner or paper
- efficient printing with fewer, but better adapted printers
- web interface at www.print.ethz.ch
- list of printers at Hönggerberg (pia02) and the centre (pia01)
- Mobile / web printing
- How to scan to USB stick or mail
- How to Resolve Printing Issues
- Update NETHZ pia entries with wrong or outdated passwords (useful after password change)
Pull printing via card-ethz queue
The PIA system supports printing to a special
card-ethz queue, which stores your print jobs for 24 hours, and lets you release it on any printer you put your ETH card on.
- install the
pia01.d.ethz.ch. On Linux use these PPD.
- print to
card-ethzand release your job on any supported printer using your ETH card
In order for students to be able to print, they need some money on their printing account. If you supervise students and would like to provide some printing money, use this website. Please only transfer small amounts like CHF 5 or 10. Our managed Linux D-PHYS computers already have the printing queue card-stud setup, Students printing documentation.
There are two types of guests: short-term ("Tagesgäste") and long-term ("Langzeitgäste"). Short-term guest accounts don't have the required attributes and cannot print. They should ask their hosts (or secretary) to print for them. Long-term guests can print with their guest account, but they have no ETH card for copier/scanner access. However, they can use those devices by entering their credentials on the device's touch screen.