How to add an ID printer on OS X
Download and install the required drivers.
Install print queue
- System Requirements: OS X 10.7 or newer.
- Open System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners and click on the + in the bottom left corner.
- Select the Advanced tab (see below if this icon is missing)
- Choose Type -> Windows printer via spoolss.
- Enter the URL of the print queue.
- specific printer on Hoengg:
- Provide a name and location.
- Click Use -> Select Software and choose the appropriate driver
- NRG MP C3003 PS for card-ethz or A3 printers
- NRG MP C305 PS for most other printers
- Generic PostScript Printer if the others are unavailable
- Once the printer is added, you may optionally configure additional trays by clicking the Options & Supplies button and opening the Options tab. Then select Option Tray: Tray 2 if your printer has a second paper tray.
- Further settings (Color or Black&White, Paper Tray, etc) can be made when printing.
On submitting your first print job, you will be required to authenticate with your n.ETHZ username and password. Make sure to prepend your username with
Use the Keychain Access application to delete wrong or outdated passwords.
Customize toolbar to add the Advanced icon
- Right-click on the toolbar and select Customize Toolbar
- Drag and drop the Advanced icon to your toolbar