For the full list of available bots and to get help, join #bots:mbot.ethz.ch. New bots and updates will be posted in this room.
To manage bots
/kick them like regular users.
They respond to
!commands or react to patterns or words.
Most of them support encryption, but it can be unreliable. It is probably a bad idea anyway to include a bot in your encrypted conversations.
A bot for showing Gitlab activity in your Matrix room and for interacting with your Gitlab repositories.
Getting notifications in your room
Apply the following steps:
- Invite gitlab (
@gitlab:mbot.ethz.ch) to your room.
- Log in to Gitlab and open your repository's webhooks settings.
- For the URL, put
https://mbot.ethz.ch/_matrix/maubot/plugin/gitlab/webhooks?room=!your_room_id. Your room ID can be found on the "Advanced" tab of your room settings in Element.
- For the Secret Token, put
- Check off the triggers you'd like to have in your room and click "Add webhook". Although not all are handled, many do result in notifications to your room.
To later remove the bot from your room, delete the webhook in Gitlab and kick the bot from the room.
Managing your repositories with the bot
The bot has several commands to do things like create issues which require access to your Gitlab account.
- Invite gitlab (
@gitlab:mbot.ethz.ch) to a private chat.
- Log in to Gitlab and go to your account settings. Once there, click "Access Tokens" on the left side.
- Generate a new access token with a name and optional expiration date. Ensure the token has all available scopes assigned. These are required so that it can create issues and such on your behalf.
- In your private chat with the bot, say
!gitlab login your_access_token
- If successful, say
!gitlab helpto see what the bot can do.
- Supports recurring reminders, cron-style reminders, room reminders
- Invite reminder (
@reminderbot:mbot.ethz.ch) to your room
!help remindersor have a look at the readme
- For room reminders set the appropriate power level (Moderator)
A bot that tracks community - and community room - membership based on a "reception" room.
Invite your users to one room, once they accept they'll automatically be invited to the linked community, and all rooms that are part of the community.
It only handles invites for now (no disinvites, kicks, bans), see readme.
- Create a new "reception" room with end-to-end encryption disabled
- Invite community invite (
@invite:mbot.ethz.ch) to the "reception" room
!invite helpfor a list of available commands
- Invite the bot to your community - and all community rooms
- Set the appropriate power level (Moderator) in all rooms
- In the "reception" room link it to your community:
!invite link +community:example.com
- The bot will then join your community and most probably complain about missing admin rights
- Optional: Ask your homeserver admin to give community admin rights to the bot
- Invite someone/many to the "reception" room
- As soon as they accept your invite, the bot will send invitations for all tracked rooms (and community if possible)
- To re-send invites to a user: kick + invite the user in the "reception" room
- This bot fills the gap for a missing feature, until (hopefully) communities v2 will make it obsolete
Create your own sticker packs to share with others (or to keep to yourself). This requires an integration manager which supports custom sticker packs.