Using Windows RemoteApp
Windows RemoteApp let you start an application direct on your Computer without the Desktop from the Terminal Server.
- Windows 7 sp1 or newer
- macOS 10.9 or newer
- Remote Desktop Client
- currently not supported
How to use for sporadic user
This will open your RemoteApp temporary on your Desktop
- go to winlogin.phys.ethz.ch
- login with your phys account in
- chose an application and save this file on your local storage
- run the downloaded file
- Select the Checkbox
Dont't ask me again for remote connections from this publisherand chose Connect
- enter your credentials in
How to use for regular user
You can add all remote apps permanently to your startmenu with this following steps.
The manual will you find here
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Click the Remote Resources icon
https://winlogin.phys.ethz.ch/RDWeb/Feed/webfeed.aspxas URL and your D-PHYS credentials
- On the first connection you may follow the settings of the screenshot below.