Expiration of D-PHYS accounts
In early 2016 ISG was tasked with outlining a procedure for future termination of D-PHYS accounts. This requires major changes in both our infrastructure and internal D-PHYS policies. We are still fine tuning the policies and processes, but here are the facts:
- no data will be purged - accounts will be blocked, not deleted
- active accounts won't be blocked without a generous grace period
- every account holder will be informed well in advance before any action is taken on their account
- the account holder can register a follow-up e-mail address. The menu link Follow-up Email will appear on our account portal 3 month before the account expires. After account expiration, an automatic notification message will be shown to anybody sending an e-mail to the blocked account.
- the personal homepage will be set offline automatically. However, if your page contains useful information which is related to your work/studies at ETH Zurich and you think it should remain online, please contact ISG D-PHYS. Please be aware that after the account has been blocked it will not be possible for you to update it anymore.
- old accounts which are obviously unused have been blocked already
Read about the different account types and the policies involved here.
For all account related actions we have created a new portal that allows you to manage your D-PHYS account: